Sewage and wastewater backups are the last thing anybody wants to deal with. If you want to keep your plumbing system in great shape while preventing serious clogs, regular drain cleaning is a must. At Speedy Septic, it’s our goal to make sewer line maintenance a quick and painless process. Our licensed professionals take care to thoroughly inspect and clean your drainage system to clear out any blockages and prevent more from forming. We also offer 24/7 emergency service with quick response times, so we’re always there when you need us.
Have a clogged sewer line? Want to keep your drains in good condition? Call us today to schedule your drain cleaning service!
Signs You Need Sewer Line Cleaning
Sewer line backups can cause a lot of problems throughout your property, from backed up bathtubs to raw sewage in your yard. The sooner you catch and address problems with your drains, the less likely you are to face a serious plumbing disaster. Keep an eye out for these warning signs that you need drain cleaning services:
- Slow drains throughout your home or building
- Foul odors from your drains or on your property
- Multiple clogs or backups across your plumbing system
- Strange gurgling or bubbling sounds
- Wet or soggy spots in your yard
Tips for Preventing Plumbing Clogs
In many cases, sewer line backups are an avoidable problem. And, it doesn’t take much time or effort to keep your plumbing system flowing smoothly. Here are some easy ways you can prevent a clogged sewer line:
- Watch What You Put Down the Drain: The best way to prevent clogs is to be careful about what you put down your drains. Avoid putting grease, oils, and fats down the drain, as they can solidify and cause clogs. Also, avoid putting fibrous materials such as fruit and vegetable peels, coffee grounds, and eggshells down the drain, as these can get tangled in your pipes and cause blockages.
- Use a Drain Strainer: A simple way to prevent clogs in your kitchen sink is to use a drain strainer. These inexpensive devices fit over your drain and catch food particles and other debris, preventing them from going down the drain and causing clogs.
- Flush Only Toilet Paper: Toilet paper is designed to break down quickly in water, making it the only material that should be flushed down the toilet. Avoid flushing any other materials, including wipes, feminine hygiene products, and paper towels, as these can cause serious clogs in your plumbing system.
- Schedule Professional Drain Cleaning: To ensure that your plumbing is running smoothly, it’s a good idea to schedule professional drain cleaning services at least once annually. A professional plumber can use specialized equipment to clear out any stubborn clogs and prevent future blockages.
Ready to talk to a septic system expert?
Click below and we'll call you back quickly!
Sewer Drain Cleaning FAQs
How do sewer drains get clogged?
Sewer drains are built to be sturdy and reliable. However, there are a number of problems that could cause a backup or malfunction. Some of the most common reasons why sewer drains get clogged include:
- Tree root intrusion: As trees and shrubs grow, their roots can infiltrate your sewer line and cause serious blockages or damage.
- Grease buildup: Fats, oils, and grease that are poured down your drains can solidify and form stubborn clogs that are difficult to get rid of.
- Flushed objects: Non-flushable items like paper towels, sanitary products, and wipes can back up your sewer line or damage your septic system.
- Aging pipes: Over time, sewer pipes can corrode, collapse, or become misaligned, leading to major problems like leaking or cracked pipes.
What does sewer drain cleaning include?
Professional sewer drain cleaning involves specialized equipment and techniques that quickly clear debris or blockages without damaging your pipes. Whether you’re getting a routine cleaning or you’re treating an active clog, our experts may use:
- Video camera inspections: By feeding a specialized camera through your drainage system, we can identify any current or potential issues with your sewer line.
- Sewer augers: Similar to a drain snake, a high-powered sewer auger can break apart and remove clogs in your plumbing system while preserving your pipes.
- Hydro-jetting: Pressurized water is one of the fastest and most effective ways to completely clean your sewer line without risking any damage.
How often should I have my sewer line cleaned?
Regular drain cleaning can prevent clogs from forming in the first place. Though each household is different, most benefit from a sewer line cleaning at least once per year. If you aren’t sure how frequently you should get a cleaning service, a professional can help you determine the best routine for your plumbing system.
Can I clear a blocked sewer drain myself?
Some household clogs are easy to take care of on your own, but sewer line backups are a little more complicated. DIY methods are often not effective and could even cause additional damage to your underground pipes. Professional sewer drain cleaning offers several advantages, including:
- Fast and effective results: A professional plumber has the expertise and equipment to clear even the toughest sewer drain clogs quickly and efficiently.
- Preventative maintenance: Regular sewer drain cleaning can help prevent clogs from forming in the first place, saving you money and headaches in the long run.
- Safety: Chemical drain cleaners can be harmful to your pipes, which could cause a sewage-related disaster down the road. Professionals use the best products and techniques on the market to keep your system in great shape.
What should I do if sewage comes out of my drains?
Raw sewage can be a serious health hazard, which is why you should call a professional immediately if you are dealing with a sewer line emergency. At Speedy Septic, we are proud to offer 24/7 emergency availability with fast response times to ensure your property is always taken care of, day or night.
Reliable Drain Cleaning Services
Whether you need routine maintenance or emergency sewer drain cleaning, the experts at Speedy Septic are here to help! For over 40 years, our team has been a leading provider of fast and reliable sewer drain cleaning services for customers throughout Oregon and Washington. We’re committed to setting a higher standard for septic and plumbing services, which is why we focus on speed, integrity, and quality with every job. Ready to schedule your service? Call us today!Back to Septic Services
Drain Cleaning in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Also Serving Customers In These Regions