Portland / Vancouver Metro - The Dalles - Hermiston OR & Tri Cities WA
If you’re a new property owner it’s important to know what type of septic system you have and where it is located on your property so you can properly maintain it. Speedy Septic is your local source for septic system locating!
What is Septic System Locating?
Septic system locating is a process where a contractor will locate a septic tank and drainfield with careful probing.
Ready to talk to a septic system expert?
Click below and we'll call you back in 30 minutes or less!
How Do I Know if I Have a Septic Tank or Sewer?
Before contacting the professionals, you’ll want to know if you even have a septic tank. Here are a few ways to determine if your property is connected to a sewer or septic tank system.
- Check your water bill: this is the easiest method. If there’s a zero charge, or you don’t receive a water bill at all, you likely have a septic system.
- Look for a water meter: if your home doesn’t have a water meter, you most likely have a well and septic system.
- Location: If you live in a rural area, it’s very likely your home is connected through a septic system. You may consider asking your neighbors.
- Septic tank location records: most counties hold permit records, maps or blueprints for your property.
Why Do I Need Septic Tank Locating?
There are several important benefits to having your septic system professionally located.
- It helps you learn what type it is so you can properly care for it.
- If a problem occurs, you’ll be able to direct a septic professional to it quicker
- If you want to remodel your home, you’ll need to know the system’s location as buildings, cars and anything heavy is not recommended over it.
The same goes for landscaping, roots could penetrate septic lines and lead to clogs.
Mark the Septic Tank Location
After your septic system is located, it’s recommended you mark the area for future reference. You can create a map or add a patio tile or brick.
Speedy Septic Are Your Expert Septic Locators
Trying to locate your septic system yourself can be time-consuming and challenging. Speedy Septic provides expert septic system locating in Oregon and Washington. Whether you need your system located or just have questions, we’re happy to help. Contact us today for prompt, professional answers!
Back to Septic Services
Septic System Locating in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Also Serving Customers In These Regions